Happy New Year!
I don't update my site very often - and I consider that a blessing to be fortunate enough with excellent clients that keep me busy. That said, I want to thank everyone who played a part in my year. 2022 had its set of challenges, and the media is not shy to warn us that 2023 is going to be full of uncertainty and surprises. Bring it on.
Since 2012, Mike Doyle Design Studio has seen consistent success from a simple combination of professional, dedicated work at an attractive price point. My goal is to create a direct and sustainable relationship with clients and promote long term value for both parties. Clients are always surprised at the level of detail, personal care and range of services they can receive for the price - up to 75% more affordable than competing design firms!
HOW IT STARTED
The Studio was officially launched in January 2012. I began young – searching the web, finding ways to install the newest programs and learning to design on computers through trial and error around 1995. The internet was still evolving, long before YouTube had instant tutorials and companies offered their programs for subscriptions. There was still guest books, Geocities, hit counters and looping animated flame GIFs. Think Macromedia Fireworks, Corel Paintshop Pro and the like. After years of tinkering – I eventually earned a paid position in 2004 for the Bluewater Recycling Association in Huron Park, Ontario. Over the next 8 years, I gained invaluable experience in many different mediums and formats.
I applied knowledge gained from a Business Degree in Commercial Studies at King’s College in London to realize a unique niche market for small and medium businesses was quickly growing: the need for companies that desired the branding, design and web presence reflecting their mission – at a budget that fell below hiring an agency or recruiting a full time employee. Larger design firms quote too much for many basic services, while local freelance solutions produced low-quality, inconsistent work.
Fast forward over decade later and we have seen success from a simple combination of clean, personal & modern services at a modest price point. In a saturated design market, my goal is to create a direct and sustainable relationship with customers. I value the trust of long term clients, and aim to provide a dependable, flexible and affordable solution.
- WordPress Development
- Website Rebranding
- E-Commerce Development
- Landing Pages + Lead Pages
- Responsive & Mobile Conversions
- SSL Certificate Conversions
- Shopify + MIVA Merchant Capable
- CMS Platforms (DNN/Joomla/Drupal)
- Logo Development
- Branding & Style Guides
- Print + Web Advertisements
- Product Die Line Packaging
- Billboard & Road Signage
- Floorplan and Black Line Work
- Website Skinning
- Photograph Manipulation
- Website Maintenance Services
- Search Engine Optimization
- Branding Strategies
- Hosting Migration & Support
- Constant Contact & Mailchimp Services
- Social Media Platforms
- Proof Reading & Copywriting
- 24/7 Availability with no *Rush Charges*
- Bluewater Recycling Association – Recycling Collection & Material Recovery Facility
- The Woodview Inn – Luxury Hotel in Gananoque, Ontario
- Sally Creek Lifestyle Homes – Premier Singles & Towns in Woodstock
- Bluepoint Lookout – Collection of Custom Build Homes along Lake Huron
- First Choice Beverage – Premier co-packer for the juice and dairy alternative beverage industry in Canada
- The Learning Edge – Leaders in Learning and Development Solutions
- Web Solar Supplies – Premium Solar Products E-Commerce Store
- London Classic Kitchens – First Class Custom Kitchen Builds in London
- The HUM Law Firm – Boutique Toronto Employment Lawyers
- A Day in the Life of Metadata – Mapping the Everyday Consequences of Smartphone Location Metadata
- The Oscar on Bold – Hamilton’s Historic Luxury Apartment Rentals
- KASSAR Homes – Tarion Registered Boutique London Home Builder
- MARS Environmental – Provider of containerized services for waste & recyclables.
- District Property Trust – Commercial & Multi Residential Real Estate REIT
- 30 Minutes To Wealth – Television and Online Real Estate Show Hub
- Sugar Beach Homes – Fort Myers Beach luxury vacation home rentals
- MJ Dixon Construction Limited – COR Certified construction services
- Valour Group – Comprehensive Value-added Developer Solutions
- Riverwood Residences – Saint John NB Suites
- Pro Funds Mortgages – Fully Equipped Mortgage & Private Lending Services
- Restoration Design Inc. – Quality Custom Porsche Automobile Panel Producers
- Bluffs Bay – Georgian Bay Water Front Lots
- Xtivity Inc. – Global Inventory Optimization Services
YOU GET A LOT, FOR A LITTLE
I have a tremendous amount of respect for design agencies. They have paved the path for technology, usability, functionality and design through dedicated teams of innovators and hard workers. I use many of these tools, scripts, frameworks and themes in my own work. For certain companies, these agencies provide a necessary high-end service that will deliver consistent results with incredible user support and truly custom features.
What many people don’t realize is you can achieve a great deal of the high-end work an agency provides through an experienced individual. An agency will have a team of multiple coders, designers, project leads, marketers, social media content creators, copywriters, advertisers and sales specialists and while they provide the most flexibility; it can be argued that the majority of web projects required by small and medium businesses don’t require this ensemble.
I believe that through the last 10+ years of experience, I have developed the tools required to serve most client needs. I am constantly learning, and find it a great pleasure to evolve alongside the fast-paced industry. All of my work and time is heavily documented, and direct client contact with myself is a priority so that you are comfortable and satisfied from the start to finish of a project.
You will get an experienced developer/designer with a broad tool-set that believes in transparency, attention to detail and creativity. I care about the work I do, and never leave with you a finished product with no direction. Ongoing support, PDF instructions and timely updates are all available.
*PRICES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
For 2023, my rates will remain the same as the previous two years – fixed at $50/hr + HST. I bill in 0.5 hour increments and will generally only take on a job that requires a minimum of 1 hour to complete. New clients require a deposit that we will discuss and agree upon beforehand. I can also provide project rates for those needing to keep a strict budget in place. Contact me today for a discussion and meeting.
Security + Catering
Our portfolio consists of over 120 wonderful clients to date. We are always looking for new relationships and unique projects to tackle. Browse a selection of some of the companies we have had the pleasure to collaborate with over the years.
Glad to see you’re still scrolling 🙂
Now let’s get in touch!
The C Word
2020-22 affected everybody in one way or another. Whether it was (and still is) the financial, functional or emotional impacts; as a single-employee small business, I empathize and endured many of the same challenges clients have faced across a broad range of industries. We've been up and running in some capacity ever since, and aim to grow more resilient each year.
Feel free to call, email or send a message with the form below.
Mike Doyle Design Studio
11 Bobby West Street
Paris, Ontario N3L 1J4